New job - two days complete

Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm two days into the new job and I am still so incredibly stoked. Everyone in the office seems amazing and the facility itself, well let me just say if you knew where it was, you'd be jealous.

I am covering a mat-leave so this week and next week I am getting the introduction to the program and the work from the coordinator, so things have been a little slow, but still very interesting.

I attended my first staff meeting yesterday where we did a personal colour analysis and I found out that I am a yellow under normal circumstances but a green-blue-red when I am stressed. What does that mean you ask??

Yellow means that I am:

Being curious about what other think and feel...Being open minded and willing to adapt...Experiments with different ways of acting...Proud to be a "member"...Likes to know a lot of people...Likes to be known by a lot of people...Likes to be known as flexible
and that I exhibit the following characteristics in a rewarding environment:
Friendly, involving, sociable, democratic, playful, changing, flexible...Encouraging interaction...Being heard and listening...Sensitivity to feelings...Consensus building

More interesting the fact that I respond to stress in a Green-Blue-Red fashion means I am:
a person who first meets conflict with caution, examining the situation carefully and logically and waiting for all the facts to come in before making any commitments. If this does not work and there is no important principle involved, they would defer to the other person in the interest of harmony. If the conflict continues, they would come out fighting, but only as a last resort.

It's surprising how accurate these statements are.

But I digress, the pregnant coordinator and I did site visits yesterday, reviewing the potential sites and the work that needs to be done. Now that I can see how much work there is, I am eager to get outside and get dirty!

Tags:///

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web