mothers day

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ok so I've been lazy - I admit it, I'm back dating this post. I know my mom deserves better, but hey she gets a post and that's what's important.

I love my mom. She's open, understanding and loving and I am glad there is a special day devoted to all the mothers who sacrifice so that their children can have more. My mom was the one who skimmed off the grocery money when I was a child so that she could save the funds that made it possible for me to attend University and that's only one example of her sacrifices.

I want to say Mothers day was amazing, but the truth is, I did have to work. Fortunately, it was my LAST DAY EVER working in the lab and as such, I was unsupervised and didn't work all that much. After arriving late, I worked for a few hours before rushing off to meet J's mom & family for a wonderfully delicious lunch buffet. We chatted, visited and enjoyed the smorgasboard of food.

After work, I met j back at his mom's before heading over to my parent's where we enjoyed a yummy ham that my dad had cooked and basted on the BBQ.

All in all it was a tiring, but enjoyable day - it feels nice to celebrate mothers and all their accomplishments and sacrifices.

I love you mom.

Tags://

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web