an attempt to kick laziness in the ass

Monday, July 31, 2006

With softball officially finished for the season, I made an executive decision...

  • I will not become lazy.
  • I will not procrastinate working out because I need a break from life.
  • I will not procrastinate working out because I'm busy.
  • I will not let a lack of exercise make me cranky.
  • I will not feel sluggish and out-of-shape at my wedding.

In fact I decided that:

  • I will go back to Kick-Boxing immediately (I did - yay me!). 
  • I will feel buff(ish) at my wedding (as long as I keep going, I will!).
And I am proud to announce that I went to kick-boxing on Monday and I will be going back this evening.  My abs are killing me (a sure sign I haven't done any crunches in months) and it feels great.  In that hurts but feels good exercise kind of way, my spirits are already lifted and I remember how happy I am when I work out regularly.  Plus I didn't totally suck ass when I went back.  J tells me that your muscles remember quickly, so we will see.  If they come back quick I'll be super ecstatic, although exercising in general has that effect on me.

If I have told you about kick-boxing and tried to convince you to come - YOU SHOULD.

  • It's cheap $4/1.5 hours (you buy a ticket with 10 for $40 and there's no expiration, you use them when you can make it) and he will let you try it for free the first time.
    • If you like it you will need to buy your own gloves and wraps but that's only $40 and cheaper than any of the local sporting good stores - plus you get to pick your own glove colour.
  • It's a serious ass-kicking and incredibly fun - if you've got some aggression in you, kicking and punching the bag is so incredibly satisfying.
  • The class is small, rarely more than 10 people (over 90% women), and usually all at different levels, so you don't have to worry if you're new - it's unlikely you will be the only one.
  • The instructor is relaxed, funny & gives you enough instruction so that you feel comfortable and enough space that you don't get creeped out.
  • It starts at 7:10pm on mon/wed which gives more than enough time to get home and possibly eat something before working out and a little earlier (6:15pm?) on saturday's so there is still time to go out, and if you work, still time to get home.
  • Oh yeah, and you'll get to hang out with me...although hang out may not be quite the right term for it, perhaps I should say you get to sweat with me.  But seriously, it's fun - you should try it!

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web