The Proposal

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The proposal, the engagement, marriage: some girls spend countless hours giggling, dreaming and fantasizing, but not me. I always knew that I would get married, that I would find "him" but I was no more interested in pursuing the elusive "him" than I was in studying math. I always cited a lack of imagination when asked questions about the future, but I now see that was never the problem it hand. In fact it wasn't a problem at all.

I've refused to create possibilities in my mind, I've refused to chase perfection, but instead have appreciated the offerings that my life has brought forth. In each moment there is inherent beauty, if only we embrace it, and my efforts have been fruitful.


The Proposal - Sheer Perfection

He's holding me so tight, he's whispering his love in my ear, the sun shines warm and bright overhead and all I see before me is an abundance of trees and nature. We often joke that J is 10 steps ahead of me, and this is no exception, as I process the beauty before me yet another beautiful moment is unfolding.

As we stand together at the edge of the ridge, he turns me slowly as he sinks to his knee and proposes, presenting me with a ring that catches in the sunlight and takes my breath away.

As I had never imagined and created my proposal in my mind, my response also lacked the energy and foresight of childhood dreams. Instead the simple "yes" that slipped from my lips was the purest form of love that we could possibly have hope for. And from the moment he proposed I have found myself reveling in the absolute perfection and beauty that I have found in our engagement - a sure sign of our future together.

Pictures & more to follow - I promise.

Tags:////

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web