The Engagement - dress shopping

Friday, June 23, 2006

Now that we are officially getting married in just over 2 months, it is suddenly time to get a move on making it all happen. Of course one of the most important issues is the wedding dress. I wasn't particularly interested in getting a big poufy dress, but rather was hoping for something a little bit more hippy-casual. I was hoping for separates rather than a dress and just in general I just wanted to find something that suited my style.

So today, my mom, my sister-in-law and I headed out to wedding dress lane and proceeded to browse and peruse. We arrived at 10am, but it turns out that wedding dress shopping starts at 11am. No need to worry however, we didn't seem to have any trouble passing the time; we found some stationary to make the wedding invitations, and some great materials to make thank you cards. We found fabulous purses for my mom, and once she picks her outfit I'm fairly certain we will be back to buy her a matching purse.

We were back home by 1:30 and in that time, we accomplished A LOT. The first thing we found were the shoes (if you click the picture in the link you can see all different views) and as soon as I slipped them on my feet, I was an owner. They are beautiful, comfortable and will match anything.

We also found a dress, it's more traditional than I expected, but it suits my personality and style. Oh yes and did I mention it makes me look DAMN THIN!

I can't say too much more as J reads this too, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. Email me if you want more details, or maybe even a picture if your lucky.

Tags://

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web