Bogey-man

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I remember Bogey as a puppy; he had this teddy bear, with a purple bow around its neck, and he took him everywhere. He carried him gently in his mouth as he followed my mom around the house, he placed him in his bed when he went to sleep. And oh, how he cried when my mom put him in the wash. Bogey and his bear were absolutely adorable.

I remember Katie trying to get rid of Bogey - hoping she could make the little puppy everyone loved disappear. She snuck out of the house with Bogey in tow and then left him a few blocks away, while she ran home to her spot beside the ditch and acted like she knew nothing. She was always tricking Bogey; running into the back yard so that he would follow her, and then sneaking back in the house just as you shut the door. But still, she loved him, she kissed and cuddled him a lot in his last days - she will miss him dearly too.

I remember Ad trying to get him to act like a dog, trying to make him go for a run. But he was having none of that, two blocks and he was panting and ready to walk - you know how it is with dogs, if they want to walk, you walk.

Bogey is the first large pet that I remember from the day he came home, until the day he passed on. He's the first pet I've been old enough to remember through and through, and I promise I will never forget him. His loving nature and kind eyes, his soft-albeit oily-coat and the way the only thing in the world he wanted was to be touched and loved and paid attention to.

He was well loved and he had a happy life. He touched all our hearts, and will be with us forever. Here are just a few pictures of Bogey, mostly from just the other day, they make me sad, but it's ok, because it makes me realize how much I loved him.

May he rest in peace.


Bogey.ppt
Powered by Castpost
This may take a minute or so to load, but just click it once and wait. It works, I just tested it.

Tags:///////

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web