Lazy Food

Monday, June 19, 2006

Although close to comfort food, LAZY FOOD is not exactly the same thing in my books. You know when you get home and you are sooo tired that you consider not eating as a perfectly valid alternative to cooking? If you choose cooking, you probably pick lazy food.

Today was one of those days - I just couldn't get my ass in gear. Generally in these situations I will eat one of the following meals. I can't really say that any of them are my favourite, although I do tend to binge on one for a while and then switch to another and eat that on consecutive lazy days until it no longer feels like the enjoyment I get from the food outweighs the efforts of making it. At which point, there are always other alternatives.

  • Ramen noodles with an egg-If you have never eaten this, I know it sounds a little gross, but MMMmmm it is DAMN good. Boil your water, throw in your noodles and sauce packet and when the water starts to boil again, crack an egg into the pot and stir it all up. Cook for a couple more minutes - throw in any leftover meat or veggies you may have on hand and enjoy. Delicious!

  • Perogies and Cheese-Even if you don't have sour cream (although it is preferable) the enjoyment of the meal far outweighs the effort of boiling water and grating cheese. Once boiled, I always put a little butter atop those yummy potato morsels before smothering them with grated cheddar and sprinkling a bit of salt and pepper on top. Mmmm, perogies...*drool*

  • Mac & Cheese-Seriously is it really possible not to love mac & cheese? Especially KD! I like it straight up plain with a bit of salt and pepper.

I bring this up because today I couldn't resist having a meal of mac & cheese at work (since fridge was grocery free I couldn't make a lunch) and then I returned home to a meal of ramen with an egg.

Two lazy foods in one day, I'm not sure whether to celebrate or hang my head...Nah, seriously it was a good day for food!

Tags://

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web