South Park taught me...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Anybody watch South Park on Friday? If you did you got to see the much talked about "Scientology" episode. I was fortunate enough to watch it the first time it aired, but I needed to watch it a second time to remember anything more than disbelief about scientology.

Not to say that I totally trust South Park as a source for religious information, but seriously, it seemed a little far fetched.

  • An evil lord Xenu collected aliens from all over the universe and froze them before depositing them into the volcanoes of earth?

  • Then as the alien souls floated away from the earth, they were recaptured and sent to a soul-brainwashing facility?

  • Then those brainwashed souls attached to humans and are now the source of all our negative energy and emotions?

Seriously, I'm just not entirely convinced. Although the truth is I'm not entirely convinced--or informed--about any religion at this point in my life.

Of course, in an effort to be more informed I looked up Scientology on Wikipedia. Although I lacked the energy to read the entire article, skimming it confirmed that South Park hadn't particularly elaborated on the "facts".

AND it made me laugh my ass off...

Tags:///

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web