minus 2

Friday, April 07, 2006

After two years of procrastination, my wisdom teeth and I have finally parted ways. Well, not entirely, they are in a little baggy in my drawer, but they are no longer invading my mouth. I only had the top two wisdom teeth, so perhaps I am more evolved. I have however heard many different opinions on what is the more evolved state when it comes to wisdom teeth, so perhaps we just won't go there.

I was nervous about potentially being awake during the procedure - especially since one tooth had not yet broken through the gums. But I was out like a light within moments of receiving a shot (of who knows what sedative) in my arm and the next thing I knew I was stumbling out of the chair and on my way home.

I'd like to say the entire process was entirely pain free, but it just wouldn't be true. It's nothing I can't handle, but a bit of a dull ache that spreads up my face, especially when I forget to take a pain pill. Which of course happened yesterday when I went back to work. As my morning pill wore off, the pain creeped up towards my temples, but work was over soon enough and I was back home where I could relax and take more drugs.

Tags://

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web