CD Jackpot!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

If you have ever been in my car, you will know I have a limited amount of CD choices, many of which sound the same depending on the time of year. In the dreary winter you will find a lot of jack Johnson, David gray, mason Jennings and other mellow music. In the summer you are much more likely to find upbeat pop type music, which goes oh so well with the lazy days of summer.

When I bought my faithful little wagon, it was still equipped with a stock tape player; I am not an extravagant person, but I knew a tape player just would not do. Figuring I was going to spend the money anyways, I spent a little extra cash and bought a MP3 player...Which I love. Unfortunately I had a hell of a time burning MP3 CD's.

First I couldn't get folders into the Roxio CD's and ended up with one huge CD with no organization at all, then itunes started putting in too many folder - each song basically had it's own folder because it was automatically broken down to artist and album.

In the end I only made a few CD's and had a few made for me, and that's what I have stuck with for the last couple of years. Imagine my excitement when I found a "NEW" CD in my glovebox the other day. This CD had found its way into it's own case so despite being lost for years, its not all scratched to hell.

The CD itself simply says "MP3?" so with great excitement I slipped it into the machine and hoped something great would emerge from the speakers. It is one of the CD's without folders, but it is FABULOUS! It is a mix of 154 songs "old & new" from about two years ago. It includes mellow stuff like cat Stevens, enya, jack and David gray but also upbeat stuff like some chick country & rock & roll.

I've been listening for about three days now and am only in the mid 30's, there's still about 120 songs left to go before I get a repeat!! YAY!!

It's definitely time to download some more music and get started on the next CD (and I might be getting an IPOD from my dad!*fingers crossed*) but all in good time I guess!

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web