4am freak out!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's never a good thing when the phone rings in the middle of the night; I have learned that it's usually the sign of a disaster. Often a disaster involving my little brother, although occasionally other people have disasters too.

As you can imagine, when I awoke from a dead sleep at 4:30am the other day to hear the phone ringing I was immediately alarmed. What was odd, was that although the ring sounded like the house phone, the phone next to my bed remained silent. Regardless, I picked up the phone and was instantly soothed by the familiar sound of the dialtone.

The relaxation was short-lived however, when I realized that the ringing had not actually stopped. Without reaching for my glasses, I hopped out of bed and ran to the living room. When I picked up the phone, the ringing stopped though there was no sound whatsoever coming from the phone.

As soon as I replaced the phone on the cradle, the ringing began again...Weird I know.

At this point I decided it must be a battery problem with the phone, checked the messages, had a brief glance at the cell phones and then headed back to bed.

Fortunately, there was no disaster to be had, although running around like a chicken with its head cut off at that time of morning is a bit of a disaster in itself.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web