the tired

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The tired just doesn't seem to want to leave me alone. There just seems to be so much going on and so much to do between work and life that it feels like so long since I have felt peaceful, calm and satisfied.

J and I are both struggling with our work situations. Personally, I just aspire to more than I have at my current job and am strongly starting to question whether there is any space here for my career to grow. This of course sporadically brings about all sorts of worry, questions and anxiety about the future.

Although I am confident it will all work out, sometimes the wait is the worst part.

Additionally, over the past month J and I have taken turns being sick. First I came down with a fairly mild cold - or perhaps it was a flu as is was mostly in the stomach. Once that passed, J came down with a completely different cold that included a cough and congestion. Of course I eventually also got this second cold (although milder than J), but on the whole being sick never helps one feel revived and refreshed does it?!

In an effort to relax, I recently drew myself a hot bath and added a homemade (by me) bath bomb filled with relaxing lavender and lit a single candle at the edge of the tub; a personal recipe for relaxation. As the water warmed my body, I felt some of the tension drift from my body, but unfortunately boredom hit me before I was able to lose myself fully.

As I disenheartendly, toweled off I decided to pull out my djembe and try and find some musical solace. Without stopping to dress I pulled my drum off the shelf and began to play my little heart out. Half an hour later, I had found some of the joy I had been looking for.

I guess sometimes our tranquility isn't necessarily in the same place we found it last.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web