love is...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Love is hard and love is complex, but it is difficult to describe it precisely. Wikipedia describes love in the following way:

Love has several different meanings in every language, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that meal") to something one would die for (patriotism, pairbonding). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love...


But I'm not certain a definition can really explain or describe being in love. So what is love to me?

  • Love is acceptance

  • Love is the warm & cozy feeling I get when I'm around my partner

  • Love is the happiness my partners enjoyment brings me

  • Love is a spiritual connection that exists between people

  • Love is a soul filling, inescapable feeling of fullness & joy

  • Love is wonderful, natural & pure

  • Love is considering your partner in your decisions

  • Love is sacrifice and compromise

  • Love is ...


This could obviously go on forever, but at least it's a start. I am very curious what love is FOR YOU...*and would appreciate any feedback as a comment...hint hint*

But I digress, there was a time when I very seriously pondered whether love was enough...With love, could we overcome the barriers and boundaries of our individuality?

I have discovered--that for us--the answer is yes. As the months passed, our love gave us the strength to work together and finally start to find the delicate balance that is OUR LIFE TOGETHER...

A little older and a little wiser, I now recognize some of the difficulties that are inherent in life. I am however, always encouraged by the knowledge that whatever love is and however it works,

our love is enough.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web