Gung Hay Fat Choy

Saturday, January 28, 2006

a.k.a. Happy Chinese New Year!

As an individual of half-Chinese descent Chinese New Year is a fairly important time of year for my family. Granted we are not very traditional and our entire family is mixed, but that doesn't stop us from enjoying the new year.

My dad tells me that Chinese New Year takes place at the 13th moon...I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but for now that will suffice.

So what does Chinese New Year look like for me? After working, showering and getting presentable, our intermediate family (about 13 of us) all meet up at my Popo's (my Dad's mother) house where we will enjoy a plethora of yummy Chinese food and the children will receive lucky money in red envelopes from the married adults. I have a feeling that my turn receiving envelopes may be drawing to a close, but I'll have a better idea after tonight (after I gauge the teasing I receive by the adults).

Gung Hay Fat Choy, I hope you enjoy your Chinese New Year...It's definitely a great excuse for some yummy Chinese grub!

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web