Testing recipes

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I wouldn't want you to think that in the midst of my hectic schedule, I had forgotten to feed myself. I continue eating the staples, rice, cereal, corn, chicken, vegetables and so on...

But I have been trying recipes too...especially Shuana's Recipes and boy does that girl know how to cook?! Her recipes continually turn out delicious!

I made her Gingersnaps and my gluten-eating friends raved about how delicious they were...

I made her Potato Pancakes and my husband and I fought over the leftovers...

I made her Pancakes and my husband enjoyed them so much he had seconds...

I made her Oooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies and heard no complaints, but found an empty cookie jar...

I also made her crustless quiche cups, but I burnt them and found them a little boring and bland. I may try again adding an egg yolk or two.

I do peruse elsewhere for recipes, they just rarely perk me up quite the way Shauna's do. I recently tried Pierogies from another GF bogger, but they didn't turn out quite as expected. The filling was delicious, but the dough was too sticky, but when I left it in the fridge overnight it got kind of hard. Boiled up and cooked, it just looked like a pile of mush. A tasty pile of mush, but mush nonetheless...

I also got a great new book, Sweet Alternative that is full of delicious recipes that are Gluten, Dairy and Soy free. Of course, I'm not eating sugar these days, but just this week I needed to bake so bad, I baked some cupcakes out of this book and gave them to everyone at work...They all loved them.

Finally, I have been eating PIZZA like its nobodies business, I found a great recipe in Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy for Gluten-Free and Yeast-Free Bean Flour Pizza Crust and boy is it delicious. I fed it to a friend for supper the other day and she said "it just tastes like pizza"...can you ask for a better compliment on GF food? I don't have time to post the recipe now, but I will...and if you want it, and I haven't...email me.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web