I can't call it anything other than what it is...an update

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

If January is any indication, 2008 may just fly by with as much speed as 2007. Is it really already, almost February? Ack! If I've been supposed to call you or email you or hang out with you, I'm sorry.

Work is keeping me busy, deadlines, priorities, more deadlines, more priorities...the cycle continues.

My ankle's healing, but there's still tenderness and a couple visits a week to physio, that perpetually seem to go over on time. It drives me bonkers when I'm trying to catch a ride home, but I try and bring the car one day a week too, as I'm only cheating myself if he's willing to walk me through more exercises and I'm the one cutting it short.

Food-wise, I've been on anti-candida in addition to the gluten-free life. Turns out that all the yuckiness I had been experiencing around my mouth/lips was in fact a vitamin b deficiency turned candida infection.

In short, that means, i have NOT been eating:

  • Sugar or sugar replacements
  • Yeast
  • Alcohol
  • Vinegars
  • Dried fruits (acceptable amounts of mold)
  • Peanuts or pistachios (acceptable amounts of mold)
  • Gluten (I don't normally eat it anyways, but if you do, you shouldn't if you're trying to starve your yeast)

Now you also have to consider combined ingredients items such as ketchup, BBQ sauce and salad dressings - they're pretty much out too, of course this is where I found myself cheating. I was doing this on my own for about a month with mixed results, and I've spent the last month, taking the naturopath's yeast killer concoction dosage of acidophillus. NOW I'm starting the reintroductions - fruit a couple times this week, we'll see how it goes.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web