bridge club skier?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Are you a bridge club skier?

With all the snow and cold, it's not surprising that I overheard some gals on the bus chatting about heading up to the mountain to ski and ride. I found myself nodding along as one of them went on to say that she was perfectly happy on the blue runs and had no desire to head up to the blacks. You see, she explained, black runs have any or all of trees, narrow sections and moguls which do not interest me.

Yes, yes...I'm not interested in those things either.

She then went on to say she just wanted to have fun, not push and push and push to be better because the result of all that pushing is nearly always a very tired and sore body the next day.

As I listened, I knew we were in the same boat - when I snowboard I do it for enjoyment and pleasure, and although it is not true in all aspects of my life, when it comes to riding it's not about the pursuit of excitement or the challenge.

One of the other girls laughed and called her a bridge club skier to which she simply giggled and agreed.

The truth is, as much as I love to ride, I sure love that steaming cup of hot chocolate that comes at break time. In fact, I often look forward to it.

If that makes me a "bridge club snowboarder", I'll take the title with pride.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web