surfing for recipes

Monday, March 17, 2008

I've been browsing recipes and reading blogs, wading my way through the gluten-free sea, and have come across the babycakes, more than one time. And of course, I wonder how delicious these treats must be, and I wonder what gluten-free secrets this little bakery must hold.


Imagine my excitement when I discovered that Co-founder Erin McKenna had shared some recipes with Martha Stewart - and they were available online.

I made her allergen-free brownies 0nly I cheated and used regular chocolate chips. My first try with Agave and they are delicious!






There was also a recipe for cinnamon toasties, which I intend to try.

I also found these useful substitution tips - particularly handy with the agave as I'm still trying to keep the sugar out.

- Cow's milk can be substituted part-for-part by rice milk or soy milk
- Instead of eggs, you can use 3 tablespoons of applesauce for each egg
- You can substitute sugar with agave nectar, which comes from a cactus and can be found in your organic supermarket
- Use 2/3 cup agave nectar per 1 cup of sugar

Even more searching and I discovered a few more recipes from Erin McKenna and Babycakes bakery...I'm ambitious and also decided to try the Cinnamon banana bread from this batch of recipes - I haven't tasted it yet, but I'm worried I didn't have enough banana. I also substitued the flour mix used in the brownie recipe above as the garbanzo/potato starch/arrowroot appeared to be a trend in her recipes. We'll see how it goes.

On a happy note, the camera and pictures are no longer MIA.


The pizza picture is now up...mmm delicious!


And just because sometimes I take pictures of food that looks good - this was a breakfast when I was still eating yeast bread.


Garlic sauteed spinach and mushroom with poached eggs with toasted "Choices brown rice multiseed bread"



**drool**

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web