learning to FLY

Monday, September 10, 2007

If you know me at all, then you know I'm a slob.

My family loves me anyays and both my mother and my husband have put forth countless efforts to break me of my messy ways. Although I've made progress, the truth is I am far from conquering my chaos.

Over 6 months ago, a friend introduced me to FLY LADY an online group, that lays out
a slow and steady set of instructions to help individuals such as myself, learn the skills and create a routine to manage the household without constantly feeling overwhelmed. The program is chock full of encouragement and if you miss a day, you are simply instructed to continue on without beating yourself up.

I have been, of course, skeptical about the effectivness and do-ability of this program, however since being introduced, I have watched my friends home transform from a level of chaos only slightly less than my own, to a primarily organized and tidy home.

I want that.
I want it for me, but almost more, I want it for J.

I'm only on day 5, but after months of procrastination I've made a comittment to do this. It is a one month plan and I know, without doubt, that it will take me longer than a month to complete this program, but so long as the lessons are learned, I'm happy.

Today's lesson is about overpowering the negative voices in my head regarding my ability to clean, conquer and maintain my household...I think I may have just taken the first step in the right direction.

I CAN do this.

Interested in trying this out? Start with FLY lady babysteps...

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web