Kitties and Birthday's

Thursday, October 13, 2005

So it's been a while, but I have been oodles of busy!

My mom turned 50 last week,so of course there was a need to buy a super fabulous present and having left it a little later than I wanted, I was worried I may not be able to find the present I wanted. But fortunately my brain kicked in and I got the best present ever.

Since my mom's cat Parker was hit by a car two years ago, my mom has been wanting a new cat, but as my mom had told me numerous times, "Daddy says no more pussies" and I had been unable to convince her to do it anyways. So risking the wrath of dad, I headed out to the SPCA where I found a beautiful black kitten with two small white patches on her neck and belly.

My mom was like a kid at Christmas as she scooped her out of the box, and although not entirely happy, my dad behaved himself and actually had the kitty in his arms within a few minutes. My mom immediately dubbed the little black ball of fur SPOOKY. She is very calm and placid, and definitely knows who the momma is, following her around and sleeping next to her on the couch.

Again since it was her 50th birthday, there was a need for a party. My dad organized a big surprise party on Saturday which went extremely well. Mom was happy and the place looked beautiful!

In the grand spirit of birthday's, my Dad turned 51 today and I am heading over there this evening for a dinner of--my favourite--roast beef!

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web