Cardio Kick Box

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I've been feeling lazy, lethargic and generally inactive for the majority of the summer. YES, I played softball, but we all know that it doesn't really require a ton of physical activity. I mean you get a break in between running each base (thank goodness)!

Prior to summer I began attending a cardio kick boxing class, but unfortunately fell off track during the busy months of summer. I am however, ready to get back into exercise mode and I actually just got home from class now, and boy am I sweaty!!

what's great about this class is that we spend the first part of class doing aerobic type activity, punching, kicking and generally moving around the room. Then it's time for my favourite part of class, the punching bag. We use wave masters, which sit on a water based stand rather than hanging from the ceiling. We wear boxing gloves and wraps and we beat the crap out of the bag with punches, and a multitude of kicks such as round kicks and front kicks. Finally, the last part of class we call torture, this is when we sit on the ground and do mat exercise (generally a variety of pushups and sit ups) before stretching and going home. As much as torture sucks, we all know we need it, and it somehow seems more tolerable when there are other people around.

And all of this costs only $4 per 1.5 hour session once you buy the gloves. It feels so good to exercise, although it may hurt like hell tomorrow...

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web